I never really got New Year’s resolutions, it always seemed kind of arbitrary to me. However, I am appreciating more the periodic reviewing/setting of goals for one’s self. Time to learn from the past. How about it 2013?
- Write at least 2 blog posts a month. 24+ for the year.
- Attend at least 1 tech conference or a meetup in Chicago-land.
- Submit 1 iOS app to the app store.
- Expand on existing web apps, possibly launch 1 or more of them.
- Start a hacker/coffee coder’s meetup in Champaign-Urbana. This city needs more venues for programmers to meet programmers, for the love of craft.
- Learn Postgress & MongoDB; integrate one or both into my web apps.
- Run a half marathon in under 2:00.
- Better manage my productivity and (mental) energy levels when would otherwise fall into the burnout pit of despair.
- Better manage my personal relationships, especially during aforementioned times of burnout.
- Read (& finish) at least 8 books this year.
- Get back into Genealogy.